Friday, August 29, 2008

I've kept two jobs out of necessity for the past little while, but I really can't wait to go down to one. I've been double-booked a couple of times in the past week, trying to wrangle my way out of shifts without coming off like a complete jerk. But I think I have. I've been trying to prioritize my new job at the bakery over my old job at the tea room, simply because I only have one week left there and it doesn't really matter if I piss them off. Thing is, it does matter, to me anyways, because I honestly care about that place and about the people.

Which leads me to tomorrow. I'm scheduled to work the evening at the tea room, and was just talked into taking a shift in the morning at the bakery. Not only is it going to be a thirteen hour day, it's causing me to cancel my date with Certain Boy.

I'd given up on him, and wasn't sure whether I minded. Then I ran into him the other night, outside a tattoo shop of all places, and we made plans for tomorrow. My head has been so swarmed with different things, I haven't been able to give it much thought, but he was in this morning for coffee, and he's definately still cute. And charming. Damnit, that's a deadly combination.

Looks like I'm going to be trained as a barista in the bakery. I know just about all there is to know about tea, and spent the slower part of today building boxes and swapping tea/coffee lore with the current barista. I don't drink much coffee, so maybe I'm not the best person for the job, but hey. It's probably better than serving.

At which, by the way, I'm getting much better. I didn't drop a single damn thing today, and I only had to hold up the till like a jackass checking prices on the menu a few times.

I'm volunteering tonight for the karate club, running the local bingo. Glamourous job. It generally includes empyting ashtrays and clearing tables. It will be made even better by the presence of M., who didn't show up for training last night and who I haven't seen since The Breakup. The only buffer will be our mutual friend, who I'm pretty sure doesn't know we've broken up yet. Or does, and was too polite to say anything.

Disjointed entry. My mind is still frazzled. I'm going to try to catch a nap before I have to go out again.

No comments: